Looking for One Good Co-Blogger
After weathering several storms, including my transition to a busier job, taking care of two young children, and my habit of, well, being a quitter, Beneath the Tangles continues to put out posts as regularly as it ever has. And though I’m sure everyone loves my writing (hmmm…), I’m eager to add a new voice to this blog. I’m opening up a position as a co-blogger.
What would you get out of it? Beneath the Tangles can’t (and never will) have a large readership, but it does have a consistent one and has etched a space into the anime blogosphere. Your posts would be read by a variety of individuals and you would have the opportunity to partner in what I believe is a ministry. You’ll also have the opportunity to eventually shape the direction of this blog. Read the About page for more information on what I do here.
My co-blogger will need to Christian – your denomination or church does not matter, as long as you share some basic beliefs with me (included in the application form below). I require a blogger who is beyond reproach (with an understanding that we all goof up) in his or her actions. Also note that I don’t use foul language, avoid talk about sexual topics, and usually try to avoid judgment and unjust criticism on this blog, as well as other online social outlets.
Content-wise, I want a writer who is good. I’m aware that I’m not a terrific writer, which is why I’m looking for a co-blogger who can add umph to this blog by his or her skills. Grammar, mechanics, and sentence structure are lower level concerns that can be proofread and corrected, so don’t worry if you aren’t, say, a perfect speller. But I am asking for a writer who understands higher order concerns like introductions and conclusions, main ideas, content development, word usage, and organization. We’re all developing as writers, though, so take this all with a grain of salt – even if you’re not the bees’ knees (<– Geico – ha!), experience will help you develop.
You can apply for either of these positions:
- Editorial writer: Most of my entries are in editorial fashion, in which I basically comment about shows and ideas without specifically describing an episode. Your posts will need to have some connection to Christian spirituality, though the audience you address and the explicitness with which you mention such topics can vary widely. See this post by R86 for an example of discussing a Christian topic with little mention of the faith. I would require at least two posts per month from you.
- Episodic blogger: I would love to have an episodic blogger on this site. You would blog about one series per season, writing approximately one post per episode. Episodic blogs usually summarize events in the episode and give analysis and personal reaction to it. Screen captures are also included. Again, Christian ideas, themes, and symbols would need to be included (if possible) for these posts. You and I would decide together which series you would blog on each season.
Blogging and making a commitment to blog may make you nervous, but please, don’t feel that way! I’m here to help you and, hey, you’re largely anonymous on the net! Plus, and I’ll emphasize this again, this is a chance for you to participate in ministry that also involves a favorite form of entertainment.
Please do the following if you’re interested:
- Fill out the coblogger app.
- Provide me a sample post you would like to do or have done (an editorial for the editorial position and an episodic post for the episodic blogger position, sans screen caps).
- Pray about joining with me in this ministry.
Email all material to me at beneath (dot) the (dot) tangles (AT) gmail (DOT) com. Please also feel free to ask any questions via email or in the comments below. I’ll accept applications until Friday, October 7.