You’ve read our articles! You’ve followed our social media! Well, good news, because it doesn’t have to stop there…
Welcome to episode 2 of our very own podcast entitled The Tangles (available both here AND on iTunes)! As an extension of our blog, The Tangles is another branch to help us achieve our goal of creating a meeting point between anime (along with all connected forms of media) and Christian spirituality. We hope that this will help to continue to foster an open community where Christians and non-Christians alike can engage in conversation about anime, manga, and belief.
The Tangles updates on the last Thursday of every month, and features JP (Japes/Japesland) as host, another Beneath the Tangles writer as co-host (rotating each episode), and a special guest speaker.
For our second episode, we are thrilled to have Annalyn, long-time friend of Beneath the Tangles and blogger at Annalyn’s Thoughts, as our esteemed guest, along with Kaze as co-host. During this hour-long episode, we will be discussing our personal beliefs, current-running anime, otaku introversion and consequent social issues, and plenty more!
Feel free to stream the episode below, subscribe on iTunes, or check out our RSS feed!
Also, be sure to email us with any questions you would like included in our “Listener Mail” portion, including the name you would like stated in the podcast and your website or blog for us to share!
Intro – 0:00
Announcements – 6:20
Otaku Diet – 9:29
Current Article/Discussion – 18:34
Listener Mail – 37:48
Closer – 1:00:25
Bloopers – 1:01:45
Note: Below are the articles mentioned in the podcast:
- Here is Annalyn’s original article (our topic of discussion) entitled An Introvert’s Guide to Boundaries and Friendship Behavior.
- Here is Kaze’s article that we referenced (and I promised a link to) entitled Japan, Christianity, and Anime (as he mentioned, it is extraordinarily long).
- And here is my article on passion, aptly named Anime Today: Having Passion.
- 12 Days of Christmas Anime, Day 1: Cardcaptor Sakura - 12.14.2018
- 12 Days of Otaku Christmas, Day 12: Merry Christmas from Hatsune Miku - 12.25.2016
- Secret Santa 2016: Tsuritama - 12.24.2016