Welcome to episode 16 of The Tangles! This month, the theme of our episode is “Psychology in Anime and Fiction,” and we had the chance to interview aspiring blogger Tony Yao from Manga Therapy! This month, JP (Japesland) and Charles (TWWK) talk about how otaku media both impact the viewer and influence his or her mental state.
Thanks for listening! Feel free to stream the episode below, subscribe on iTunes, or check out our RSS feed! Also, be sure to email us with any questions you would like included in our “Listener Mail” portion, including the name you would like stated in the podcast and your website or blog for us to share!
Intro – 0:00
Announcements – 0:48
Otaku Diet – 1:05
Interview – 6:15
Main Topic: Anime and Psychology – 18:05
Listener Mail – 40:34
Closer – 48:20
Note: Below are the links mentioned in the podcast:
- Read Lynna’s new column: Lynna’s Adventures in Japan
- Subete ga F ni Naru has such a catchy opening!
- Check out Manga Therapy!
- 12 Days of Christmas Anime, Day 1: Cardcaptor Sakura - 12.14.2018
- 12 Days of Otaku Christmas, Day 12: Merry Christmas from Hatsune Miku - 12.25.2016
- Secret Santa 2016: Tsuritama - 12.24.2016