This week, JP (Japesland) and Casey (CutsceneAddict) start a three-part series focused on our podcast’s co-host’s favorite anime. This time around, we chat about Casey’s all-time favorite anime (spoilers: it’s in the header image for the episode). However, while you are likely very familiar with her favorite, you’re likely much less familiar with some of the reasoning behind her pick. Tune in for some unique discussion on religious allusions in secular media and an intriguing discussion on intention!
Be sure to check out some of Casey’s works about the intersection of Death Note and religion, specifically Christianity:
- L’s methods of discipleship and how they reflect Christ’s
- L Lawliet as a Christ figure
- L’s grace towards his particular end embodying Christ’s meekness
- Parallels between Light and Lucifer, as well as how Death Note has him “remember” the Christian God at the end of the series
As always, every episode of The TangleCast will be covering a different topic, from anime reviews, to discussions on spirituality, to listener mail, and everything in between. Please join the conversation by commenting below or submitting a question at our contact page!
- 12 Days of Christmas Anime, Day 1: Cardcaptor Sakura - 12.14.2018
- 12 Days of Otaku Christmas, Day 12: Merry Christmas from Hatsune Miku - 12.25.2016
- Secret Santa 2016: Tsuritama - 12.24.2016