The new anime season is off to quite a start, with old friends returning (One Punch Man, Bungou Stray Dogs, Fruits Basket), great directors leading new series (Sarazanmai, Carole & Tuesday), mashups, surprises, and everything else you can imagine. Peter, David, and Holly of Team FtK lead us through the new offerings for spring and give a quick wrap-up for winter anime as well. Plus, Holly takes the boys through a tourney to determine which anime girl is truly best!
1:12 Last week’s Cast Question
4:10 New Cast Question
9:26 Holly’s Best Girl Tournament!
19:20 Winter 2019 Anime Review
22:02 Spring 2019 Anime Preview—Intro
22:36 Discussion—One Punch Man 2 and Attack on Titan 3
24:41 Discussion—Demon Slayer
30:03 Discussion—Fruits Basket
33:11 Discussion—Bungou Stray Dogs
34:48 Discussion—Isekai Quartet
37:03 Discussion—Fairy Gone
39:57 Discussion—Carole and Tuesday
43:18 Discussion—We Never Learn, Midnight Occult Civil Servants, MIX, and all the rest
And we want your feedback as well! Each week we’ll ask a question on the podcast and feature your answers the next time that team rolls around. Here’s this week’s CQ (Cast Question): News of Netflix’s live-action adaptation of Cowboy Bebop revealed the starring cast. What are your thoughts on the casting for the show?
- We wrote a ton of first impression posts for the new season—a written accompaniment for this episode.
- MDMRN and TWWK came down on very different sides regarding John Cho’s casting as Spike.
- Peter and Holly kept referring to Kaori’s lie without giving too much away to David. And what a lie it was…
- In case you’re intrigued by kappa, Crunchyroll did a neat little article on the mythical creature a couple years back.
- Speaking of kappa, we recommend you follow Atelier Emily for episodic posts on Sarazanmai.
- David mentioned that MIX is from the mangaka behind Touch and Cross Game—we’ve written about both of those classic series.
- Featured illustration by empew (reprinted w/permission)
Mixed and produced, and featuring music by Celotron (all rights reserved).