What is up, otaku?! For this episode of the TangleCast, the team goes back a few seasons to look at a critically acclaimed sports anime just in time for our March Madness tournament. No actual sports going on? It’s okay, we got you covered as Peter, Holly, and David look at Run with the Wind, a really good series about running (but also of course, as is usually the case with sports anime, so much more than that).
0:00 Introduction and Anime March Madness
3:52 Last episode’s Cast Question
7:16 New Cast Question
11:09 Guess That Anime: Sports Edition
28:48 Run with the Wind Discussion—Introduction
30:17 Discussion—General impressions and Production IG
34:20 Discussion—The results of hard work
42:25 Discussion—Comparing to Kakeru
47:00 Discussion—Sickness, surprise, and consequence
57:34 Discussion—Facing challenges by faith
1:05:47 Discussion—Rating Run with the Wind
We want your feedback as well! Each week we ask a question on the podcast and feature your answers on the next episode. Here’s this week’s CQ (Cast Question): What’s your favorite form of exercise?
- We’re down to our final eight anime! Who do you think will win the tournament?
- Check out our lists of favorite sports anime and Annalyn’s thoughts on joining the team.
- From Haikyuu!! to HANEBADO! and Saki to Ace of Diamond, we’ve written about dozens of sports anime. Just search for a series and you’ll likely find something we’re written on it!
- David references Philippians 3:12-14, as well as Jonathan Leeman and his thoughts about community.
- The podcast team talked a lot about community and team—we recently did the same regarding the Eizouken.
- By the way, you can stream Run with the Wind on Crunchyroll.
- We have a new Instagram account! Give us a follow!
- If you ever have any questions or need prayer or just want to chat, feel free to reach out to any of us: David / Peter / Holly.
- Featured illustration by SORA (reprinted w/permission).
Featuring music by Celotron and David, and mixed by Chris (all rights reserved).