Welcome to episode 23 of the Tangle x Cast! We’re doing something special this time around: our very first watch-along! To celebrate Halloween, we picked Cowboy Bebop: The Movie, a film that takes place around the holiday. So come watch with us! Whether you’re streaming it on Tubi or have the DVD or BD at home, you can turn us up and hear Eryn, Mike, and Twwk chat about the film and series while you tune in!
1:07 Halloween plans and Cowboy Bebop experience
7:23 Cowboy Bebop: The Movie Watch-along—Introduction
10:04 Watch-along—Let’s Jam (Countdown)
1:12:24 Watch-along—Second Half
- DId you catch that intro? It’s Nobuhiko Okamoto, who has famously voiced Rin (Blue Exorcist), Karma (Assassination Classroom), and Bakugo (My Hero Academia)! Check out this interview we did with him a few years ago.
- If you don’t already own the film, you might just want to stream it for free on Tubi. You can also purchase it on BD. There are less expensive versions available on Amazon, but read through the descriptions carefully as they might be regions outside your zone.
- As Eryn mentioned on the episode, she’s well known for her Faye Valentine cosplay. Here are a few shots of her as Faye Faye!
- Twwk mentioned an interview he conducted with Jet Black’s English voice actor, Beau Billingslea—check it out!
- No surprise that we’ve written pretty extensively on Cowboy Bebop, including a couple of articles on Faye and Spike’s goodbye.
- We’ve also written about Faye’s Japanese seiyuu, Megumi Hayashibara. Here’s an article about her impact on anime and a review of a unique memoir she wrote reflecting on her character roles.
- Twwk references recent controversy involving Faye’s English voice actor, Wendee Lee, and her voicing of Yoruichi in Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War. Here’s an explanation and update about the situation.
- Check out all the other things that Mike, Paris, Tyler, Eryn, and Dennis (our editor and the fourth member of the Tangle x Cast team) are doing.
Featuring music by Celotron (all rights reserved) and edited by Dennis.