It’s a very human experience to find out that our enthusiasm has waned, our motivation has decreased, and our wanting has ceased, for all sorts of things in life—jobs, relationships, hobbies, and even faith. Our podcasters—Mike, Tyler, Paris, and Eryn—have all been there, and they’ve seen some of that same approach in anime series like Eyeshield 21, Attack on Titan, and Fullmetal Alchemist (and in a first for our podcast, a Korean game show!). We invite you to tune in as they tackle the superficial stupor we all sometimes get into and offer insight on how to get out.
8:37 What’s That Anime?
14:48 Going Through the Motions
15:19 Discussion—Eyeshield 21
20:19 Discussion—Living life to the fullest
27:44 Discussion—The Devil’s Plan
34:16 Discussion—Fullmetal Alchemist
43:58 Cast Question
If you’ve gone through a time of “going through the motions,” how did you get back to a healthy rhythm?
Let us know your thoughts in the comments!
- Attack on Titan may be over, but that won’t keep us from starting our episode with Elizabeth Maxwell voicing Ymir for us!
- We mentioned our annual campaign at the top of the cast. Please consider becoming a sustaining giver through Patreon, or donating a one-time gift through Ko-Fi or PayPal.
- As Paris explains, “It’s Not About the Nail.”
- Seungkwan may not have been a strong player on The Devil’s Plan, but I think he’s doing ok.
- Bible verses we mentioned or that inspired discussion in this episode include Malachi 1:10, Romans 12:11, Colossians 3:23, Romans 12:2, Ecclesiastes 3, and Ephesians 5:14.
- Check out all the other things that Mike, Paris, Tyler, Eryn, and Dennis (our editor and the fifth member of the Tangle x Cast team) are doing.
Featuring music by Celotron (all rights reserved) and edited by Dennis.