- The women of the crew are busy decorating and preparing a meal for Christmas, while the men, unaware of the holiday, wonder what it’s all about. A video from days gone by is found; it shows, to everyone’s surprise, a family with a husband, wife, daughter and baby. Meanwhile, the
- is tracking a comet. What will this comet have to do with the crew’s celebration?
- Even spaceships can look holidays-ish, as demonstrated by a gigantic tree, decorations, food, presents, the cap dressed as Santa, and the mention of reindeer and sleigh. Two more unique elements (in Christmas anime, at least) are the Hallelujah Chorus and a Christmas parade.
The true meaning of Christmas is…
Having fun celebrating a “dumb festival” (according to Hikibi) involving romantic love. Funny…even in a futuristic universe, aliens celebrate Christmas similarly to the Japanese. Oh, and it’s not Christmas without snow sculptures (it would just be “too sad”). Despite seemingly throwing every Christmas symbol in the book at the audience, the episode works well. I’ve never seen Vandread, though it’s been on my list of shows to watch, and if this episode is any indication of the series, I remained interested. Oh, and the best part: Pyoro 2. Hillarious!
Brrr, it’ll be cold. Maybe Santa can keep you warm…
- First Impression: Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury (E0 Prologue) - 09.26.2022
- Call of the Night: Sick, Lonely Humans (and Vampires) - 09.21.2022
- Review: Goodbye, Don Glees! - 09.15.2022