Our Anime March Madness tournament is just around the corner! Expect a month full of fun polls as you, our subscribers and readers, determine a champion anime through your votes! The play-in rounds are complete and the field is now set for our March 4th start date. However, we’ve added a fun new wrinkle this year. Not only will one anime walk away as a winner—YOU could win, too!
Taking a cue from our friend Tommy Phillips, we’re allowing you to submit your own bracket, predicting who you think will win. Whoever gets the most points (the rules are given below) will win this awesome POP Funko figure for Alphonse Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is our three-time defending champion, after all)!
Check out the bracket to submit your own and enter the contest!
Just go to the link above, select the Anime March Madness link, hit “Predict It!” and select your winners. You have until the first round starts at 8:00 a.m. ET on March 4th to submit and qualify for the contest.
IMPORTANT NOTE: When registering, the anti-spam question is “How many teams are in the NCAA Tournament?” The answer you have to give, though its not longer accurate, is “64.”
Here are some additional rules:
- You must be following at least one of our social media accounts to qualify. We will verify this after the contest.
- Enter a valid email address when submitting your bracket.
- To qualify, you must be over 18 years old and have a shipping address in the U.S. or Canada.
- Current staff at Beneath the Tangles / Anime Pop Heart may not enter the contest.
- Correct responses in round one are worth one point; two in round two; four in round three; eight in round four; and sixteen in round five. A maximum of 80 points can be received. Points are not taken away for incorrect guesses.
- In the case of a tie, a random number generator will determine the contest winner.
- BtT reserves the right to make changes to the contest at any time.
We’re so excited about giving you another way to participate. So check out the bracket, submit your picks, and follow along as we crown 2019’s champion!