T-shirt slogans, Black Clover, and…Diet Coke? Yes, these topics are all connected, as ways we can fool ourselves. Join Matthew of Team Anchester this week as he explains how vanity, as seen in Black Clover, compares to some everyday examples that many of us might not have thought anything of. Besides the aforementioned Diet Coke example, he also chats cosplay and binging on shounen series. And stay tuned through to the conclusion, where Mathew gives a very important announcement.
2:28 Discussion—Becoming a fan of Black Clover
4:13 Discussion—My Adventure Begins
13:18 Discussion—Self-importance in Black Clover
19:53 Discussion—Cosplay, Anime Binging, Diet Coke, and a Vanity Loop
30:02 Discussion—Humble yourselves (because He cares)
33:24 Announcement and ClosingPodcast Links:
- Confidence level: Kanye West
- Besides on today’s episode, Matthew has mentioned You Who: Why You Matter & How to Deal with It by Rachel Jankovic previously on the TangleCast
- Check out this short video of Jankovic where she digs into the issue of self-loathing
- Check out the album “Zeal” by Kings Kaleidoscope on iTunes or Amazon.
- Heretics is the book from which that wonderful Chesterton quote comes.
- We’ve chatted a bit about professional cosplay in the past
- Black Clover can be streamed on Crunchyroll
You can check us out on a variety of formats, including iTunes, Google Play, Spotify, Stitcher, or through our RSS Feed! Please subscribe and leave us a review!
Featuring music by Celotron (all rights reserved).
Latest posts by Matthew G (see all)
- Speak a Better Word: The Legacy of Kentaro Miura - 05.05.2023
- Missing the Forest for the Chainsaws - 01.16.2023
- Let Them Eat Cake: One Piece’s Study of Narcissism - 07.13.2022
4 thoughts on “TangleCast 60: Vanity, Vanity”
Thank you for all the work you’ve done for us both as a podcaster and writer. We’ll sorely miss you here. God bless!
Noooo! Matthew, I am exceedingly grateful for all of the wisdom you’ve given me through your Anchester Tanglecast. You will definitely be missed by all of us. Please keep in touch. It would be a shame if we never got to see you again. Pop into the discord some time. I know everyone would love to chat with you. I’ll be praying for you in all of your future endeavors. Thank you again.
I’m so sad you are leaving because I recently joined the community, and I have been so blessed by the few podcasts I’ve been able to listen to. Thank you so much for all of your work, Matthew.
Thank you so much for all of your time and effort and sacrifice you have made here. We will miss you and your insights, Matthew! God bless you!