Makoto Shinkai’s Weathering with You finally hits theaters last week, and our podcast team was super excited to see it. Did it meet their expectations? Was it as good as Your Name? Did they notice the cameos? And what does the theme of the Weathering with You have to do with our everyday lives? Listen to the episode and find out as Peter, David, and Holly discuss the highly anticipated film!
1:28 Weathering with You Quiz
11:21 Weathering with You Discussion—Introduction
13:05 Discussion—RADWIMPS and the film’s music
15:56 Discussion—Emotional experience and comparison to Your Name
19:23 Discussion—The story, romance, and themes
24:11 Discussion—Struggles of life and learning from the past
28:14 Discussion—Anxiety and dealing with worry
And we want your feedback as well! Each week we ask a question on the podcast and feature your answers on the next episode. Because of our quick turnover from last week, our CQ (Cast Question) remains the same this time: If you could implement any one law, what would it be?
- Like the team indicates, do yourself a favor and go listen to “Is There Still Anything Love Can Do?” and other RADWIMPS music.
- Weathering with You is currently showing in theaters—go check it out!
- Here’s the written review of the film by Twwk that David referenced.
- This week, David references verses from the following passage out of Matthew.
- Come follow our prayer account on Twitter!
- The voice of Ymir at the beginning of the podcast belongs to Elizabeth Maxwell—did you know we ate sushi with her once?
Featuring music by Celotron and mixed by David (all rights reserved).