What could an anime zombie comedy possibly have to tell us about work, burnout, and joy? Plenty, as it turns out! Paris, Tyler, Mike, and Eryn watched the first two episodes of Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead and came away with a lot of thoughts, I tell ya, about this fun and thoughtful series in relation to what it says about the sometimes horrific pace of our work and lives. Come join us, won’t you? I promise we don’t bite!
1:30 Revisiting Social Anxiety
2:32 Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead and Favorite Zombie Media
7:17 Discussion—How we use the time we’re given
11:27 Discussion—The rest we need
14:37 Discussion—Two bucket lists, work burnout, and finding rest
26:42 Discussion—Corporate Life vs. Zombie Apocalypse and choosing joy
31:01 Cast Question
What would be your approach to a zombie apocalypse?
Let us know your thoughts in the comments!
- Hey, she’s not just a cutie! It’s Macy Anne Johnson voicing our favorite cutie plus more, Shikimori, to kick off our episode!
- Interested in the book that Paris mentioned? Check out The Mountain is You by Brianna Wiest for more about conquering self-sabotage.
- Here’s the video on work productivity and stress by the Healthy Gamer that Paris referenced.
- The song Eryn quotes is “Pressing On” by Relient K.
- Bible verses we mentioned or that inspired discussion in this episode include Matthew 24:42, Romans 10:14, 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, Matthew 6:34, Jeremiah 29:11, Job 19:25, James 1:2-3, and Philippians 3:14.
- Want to read more from our coverage of Zom 100? Here’s our first impression post of the anime and this is our review of volume eleven, the most recently released volume of the manga.
- Check out all the other things that Mike, Paris, Tyler, Eryn, and Dennis (our editor and the fourth member of the Tangle x Cast team) are doing.
Featuring music by Celotron (all rights reserved) and edited by Dennis.