The new season of anime starts, well, pretty much today! And we got you covered with our spring 2020 anime preview! Join Peter, Holly, and David as they dig into a bunch of shows premiering this spring, from the plethora of sequels to series airing for the very first time, including those adapted from light novels, manga, and webtoons!
3:49 Grab Bag Gratitude
8:24 Spring 2020 Anime Preview—Sequels and returning series
21:40 Discussion—New series
38:11 Discussion—ONA and movies
43:47 New Cast Question
We want your feedback as well! Each week we ask a question on the podcast and feature your answers on the next episode. Here’s this week’s CQ (Cast Question): Which anime are you most excited to see this upcoming spring season?
- One of the news series we cover in the episode is My Next Life as a Villainess—Medieval Otaku recently discussed the light novel from which it’ll be adapted.
- We’ll certainly be posting a lot about the final season of Oregairu. Check out some of our previous articles on the series to get you ready for season three.
- Like Holly, writers at ANN recently watched Lu Over the Wall—go check out their thoughts.
- David played Doki Doki Literature Club—you can purchase it on Steam.
- Peter referenced past TangleCast episodes about Kaguya-sama and Fruits Basket.
- Stuck at home like the rest of us? Come join us on our Twitch adventure!
- We have a new Instagram account! Give us a follow!
- If you ever have any questions or need prayer or just want to chat, feel free to reach out to any of us: David / Peter / Holly.
- Featured illustration by Hfp～Kubiao (reprinted w/permission).
You can check us out on a variety of formats, including iTunes, Spotify, and other platforms! Please subscribe and leave us a review!
Featuring music by Celotron and David, and mixed by David (all rights reserved).
7 thoughts on “TangleCast 74: Spring 2020 Anime Preview”
Demon Slayer vs My Hero : Whoever Wins, We Lose
I can endorse Doki Doki Literature Club. Quality entertainment. Just Monika.
Oh man this is actually so good! LOL
Bookwork is excellent btw. It’s one of the smartest, well written animes of last year. It does all of this without having world-ending stakes.
It started so slow that I dropped it, despite hearing such good things, including by our light novel club folks!
[…] know what you’re thinking in the comment section. And before you get started, check out our podcasters’ preview of spring 2020 […]