Near Eastertime, our newest write, Gaheret, began developing a series meditating on the holiday and relating specifically to the Ten Commandments. With this morning’s post, the series has been completed, and I hope you’ll read through them. Although Gaheret is a lawyer in Spain by trade, his posts are particularly un-barristerlike, full of rich details and connections that resonate to one’s soul.
Here’s your opportunity to read through the series or revisit the posts if you’ve been following all along. Note that different traditions number the commandments differently, and Gaheret follows the Catholic faith in doing so:
1. I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt not have any strange gods before Me.
The Promised Neverland
2. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
Serial Experiments Lain
3. Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.
4. Honor thy father and mother.
My Hero Academia
5. Thou shalt not kill.
Now and then, here and there
6. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
7. Thou shalt not steal.
Mob Psycho 100
8. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
9.Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife.
March Comes in Like a Lion
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s goods.
The Tatami Galaxy
The featured image is from Manga Messengers, a manga version of biblical events which we highly recommend.
2 thoughts on “Ten Commandments. Ten Anime.”
Seems like your first link might be down! I also happen to be a barrister with a side hobby of writing on anime blog, was quite funny to hear of someone else in the same position. Members of the profession I know can be a bit uptight and not too keen to embrace hobbies like that.
Fixed! Thank you!