October is a month of ghoulish celebration, and David, Peter, and Holly are participating in their own unique way by watching Death Parade, the critically-acclaimed anime series about death, judgment, and the afterlife. Come join the team as they discuss this modern classic that alternates between high energy episodes filled with a macabre sense of humor to those more philosophical and charged with sorrow. So please subscribed, hit play, and everybodyyy put your hands up!
0:00 Introduction and announcements
8:10 Death Parade—Introduction
9:41 Discussion—Impactful moments and episodes (And “Best OP” sidetrack)
24:50 Discussion—Decim and judgement
26:42 Discussion—Decim and expressing emotion
44:30 Discussion—How music helps
- Death Parade is a favorite series of the blog’s—we visited it no less than four times in our now-retired Anime Today column alone, focusing on depression and suicide, a love relationship with the world, the human tendency to judge others, and particularly applicable to this podcast episode, judgement in the series vs. God’s judgement.
- Check out the series’ electrifying OP!
- Join our Discord to be part of the community and join in on Light Novel Club discussion!
- Take a listen to “Through the Night” by IU, a song that helps David through difficult times. Holly said that she’s moved by “Wildflower” by Park Hyo Jin and that Shane and Shane’s “The Answer” brings her joy. To relax, Peter listens for Korean R&B and songs by John Legend, like “Under the Stars.”
- If you ever have any questions, need prayer or just want to chat, feel free to reach out to any of us: David / Peter / Holly.
Featuring music by Celotron (all rights reserved) and mixed by Chris.